HRCAP and our FACES Coalition Partners provide FREE tax preparation services to qualified residents. Skilled volunteers complete the required forms to ensure that every deduction and tax credit is claimed, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which can increase your tax return by up to $6,557.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Families with Incomes of less than $55,952 and three or more children (EITC).
- Single Individuals with no children and incomes less than $15,570 (EITC).
- Targeted Populations: low-income, elderly, people with disabilities.
- NO Schedule C or E (business or rental income), or military.
- Must Have all tax documents, including any W- 2s and 1099s.
- Social Security Card required for self, spouse and claimed dependents.
- To have a faster refund direct-deposited into your bank account bring your bank card or credit union account number AND routing number.
What to Bring to Your VITA Site
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification
Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W -2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
services to qualified residents. Skilled volunteers complete the required forms to ensure that every deduction and tax credit is
Bethel AME Church
Saturday – 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Tuesday – 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Open from February 8th to April 14th.
CEB Financial Inc. – VITA
Christopher Newport University
Tuesday – 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
Open from February 11th to April 14th.
Services will not be available on March 3rd.
Commissioner of Revenue – Virginia Beach
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Open January 18th to October 15th
* Note – This Site is only accepting clients with EITC.
Courthouse Way Community Center
Saturday – 9:30 am to 11:30 am
Open February 1st to April 18th.
Family Investment Center
Monday thru Friday – 9:00 am to 2:30 pm
Saturday – 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (once a month, dates TBA)
Open from February 10th to April 15th.
By appointment only (757) 928-3681
100 Cemetery Road, Hampton, VA 23668
Wednesday – 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Open from February 12th to April 15th (except March 4th).
Call: (757) 727-5505 or walk-in
Old Dominion University
Friday – 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Open from February 14th to April 10th (except March 13th).
Philippine Cultural Center
Every other Sunday – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Open from February 9th to April 5th
By Appointment Only (757) 560-1781
Six House Inc.
Tuesday – 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
Thursday – 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
Open from February 11th to April 9th.
By appointment only (757) 244-6100
Tidewater Community College – VB
March 2nd to March 30th
ATC Building H – 214
February 11th through March 24th
Tuesday 11:00 am to 2:00 pm –
ATC Building H – 235
USW Region 8 Local 8888
Monday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Open from February 5th to September 25th.
by appointment only call (757) 247-5291 ext. 129
Veteran’s Free Tax Services
Tuesday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thursday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Open from February 10th to April 17th.
Call (336) 708-2682 for appointment
Williamsburg James City County CAA
Monday to Thursday – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Open from February 4th to April 14th.
By appointment only (757) 229-2316