HRCAP and our FACES Coalition Partners provide FREE tax preparation services to qualified residents. Skilled volunteers complete the required forms to ensure that every deduction and tax credit is claimed, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which can increase your tax return by up to $6,660.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Families with Incomes of less than $55,952 and three or more children (EITC).
- Single Individuals with no children and incomes less than $15,570 (EITC).
- Targeted Populations: low-income, elderly, people with disabilities.
- NO Schedule C or E (business or rental income), or military.
- Must Have all tax documents, including any W- 2s and 1099s.
- Social Security Card required for self, spouse and claimed dependents.
- To have a faster refund direct-deposited into your bank account bring your bank card or credit union account number AND routing number.
What to Bring to Your VITA Site
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W -2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable services to qualified residents. Skilled volunteers complete the required forms to ensure that every deduction and tax credit is
Bethel AME Church
2521 Armstead Avenue, Hampton, VA 23666
Saturday – 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Tuesday – 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Open from February 13th to April 17th.
By appointment only (757-964-7371; appts Mon and Fri – 11:30 am to 1:00 pm)
CEB Financial Inc. – VITA
533 E Pinner Street, Suffolk, VA 23434
Tuesday – 11am- 4pm
Thursday – 11am-4pm
Open from January 15st thru October 15th
By appointment only (757-925-6550). Not open on holidays.
Commissioner of Revenue – Virginia Beach
2401 Courthouse Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Open January 19th thru October 15th
Note – EITC Only
By appointment only call 757-385-4483 or Click Here)
SCAA – VITA
(formerly Courthouse Community Center)
13813 Warwick Blvd., Suite BC2, Newport News, VA 23602
Saturday – 9:30 am to 11:30 pm
Open February 1st to April 15th.
Family Investment Center
600 C. Ridley Circle, Newport News, VA 23607
Please see HRCAP Mobile Sites below for services for this VITA Site. Refer questions to (757)928-3681 or email@example.com
Philippine Cultural Center
4857 Baxter Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Every other Sunday
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Starting February 7th thru April 11th
By Appointment Only (757) 560-1781
Six House Inc.
2003 Kecoughtan Road, Hampton, VA 23661
Tuesday – 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
Thursday – 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
Open from February 9th to April 15th.
By ApBy appointment only (757) 244-6100
Tidewater Community College – VB
1700 College Crescent, Virginia Beach, VA 23453
March 1st through March 29th
Monday 6:15 pm to 8:00 pm – ATC Building H – 214
February 9th through March 23rd
Tuesday 11:30 am to 2:30 pm – ATC Building H – 214
Services not available on March 8th and March 9th
USW Region 8 Local 8888
4106 Huntington Avenue, Newport News, VA 23607
Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Open February 3rd to October 15th
HRCAP Mobile Site 1
1919 Commerce Dr., Hampton, VA 23666
Wednesday – 10am to 1pm
Open from February 17th to TBD
HRCAP Mobile Site 2
Clark Multi-Purpose Center
392 Maple Avenue, Newport News, VA 23607
Monday – 10am to 1pm
Open from February 8th to TBD
To Free File your taxes visit IRS.gov/FreeFile where you can prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and- filing software.